Micky Yoochun international forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[DISC] Which is more important in a song?

shangomar
    shangomar

Number of posts : 162
    Smiling points : 178

[DISC] Which is more important in a song? Empty [DISC] Which is more important in a song?

Post by shangomar Mon 23 Mar - 10:35

The lyrics or the tune/music background?

Well you may say that it should be two, or else it wouldnt be a song..
    But then, we have a capella and instrumental songs too, right?
    So, watcha think?

For me, it's the lyrics...Maybe because i'm fond of words, and i personally think that the lyrics are what brings the essence of the song.The music may speak in itself, but the lyrics speak of the song itself.
    Very Happy
    huongle
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1385
    Smiling points : 1861

[DISC] Which is more important in a song? Empty Re: [DISC] Which is more important in a song?

Post by huongle Mon 23 Mar - 13:58

For me it's the melody/background music. Maybe because i only listen to foreign songs, so normally at first i never pay attention to the lyrics (or i simply can't understand it), so the music itself has always been more important to catch my ears Very Happy
    cottonpops
    cottonpops
    Global moderator
    Global moderator

Number of posts : 465
    Smiling points : 934

[DISC] Which is more important in a song? Empty Re: [DISC] Which is more important in a song?

Post by cottonpops Tue 24 Mar - 17:59

I'll have to agree with huongle. I think this includes the singer's voice as well neh? Cos the music might be good but if the singer doesn't sing it well, it kinda spoil the whole thing. Usually I'll pay attention to the lyrics once I'm fond with the song. But it's also true that lyrics do bring essence to the song.
    sara39
    sara39
    Mickey level 2
    Mickey level 2

Number of posts : 29
    Smiling points : 30

Post by sara39 Sat 2 May - 11:06

Personally i think the lyrics are the most important

I mean i agree that the melody is also important but.. for me when i'm listening to music whether its english or foreign ... its the words of the song that capture me and keep me interested..
    When i listen to a song especially with lyrics..some of the words are so powerful and meaningful that it stays in my mind.. the melody can come and go but what the singer is singing about is what makes me come back and listen to them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 12:07