Micky Yoochun international forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10

cottonpops
    cottonpops
    Global moderator
    Global moderator

Number of posts : 465
    Smiling points : 934

[NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10 Empty [NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10

Post by cottonpops Tue 30 Jun - 11:42

[NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10 Thedongbangssharingyoocix9

Oricon recently released their mid year album sales ranking for 2009 and THSK did better than most expected. The Secret Code came in at number 10 with a sales figure of 248,000 for the first half of 2009. This placed them above popular artists such as KAT-TUN who had 237,000 sales for Break the Records -by you & for you- and Utada who had 228,000 sales for This is The One. BoA who released a combo Best Album and American Debut Album was ranked 25th with a sales figure of 131,000.

Here are the Top 10 sales figures:
    1. Mr Children - Supermarket Fantasy (1.2 million)
    2. Exile - Exile Ballad Best (807K)
    3. Dreams Come True - Do Your Dreams come true? (632K)
    4. Remioromen - Remio Best (471K)
    5. Ikimono-Gakari - My Song Your Song (404K)
    6. Koda Kumi - Trick (385K)
    7. Ayumi - Next Level (363K)
    8. RADWIMPS - Arutokorni no Teiri (314K)
    9. Unicorn - Shamble (250K)
    10. TVXQ / Tohoshinki - The Secret Code (248K)

Credits: allkpop
    Shared by: omonatheydidnt@livejournal/community

I know I should have posted The Secret Code album cover. But I feel the need to post this photo instead, look how happy they are Big grin And Tokyo Dome is just around the corner, THSK Gambatte!

And just to share with you, my 11 year old sister told me that her friends think Big Bang is better than DBSK. I gave her the WTF look and ask her to tell her 11 year old friends to pass their final year exams first. You know I get sensitive when people just pop up and HAD to mention Big Bag when clearly it concerns DBSK only. And trust me, just a few weeks back, my sister was humming to Hug Hahaha
    Minjae
    Minjae
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Number of posts : 213
    Smiling points : 315

[NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10 Empty Re: [NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10

Post by Minjae Tue 30 Jun - 13:22

above KAT-TUN? Ohohoho

Rank 10 is indeed really impressive.
    The hard work and the experimenting with new genres in this album was worth it,SC was one of their best albums ever.

ask her to tell her 11 year old friends to pass their final year exams first
    LOL

ah by the way.
    I kinda thought it was a bit weird when the host in a recent jap.show said that Big Bang was Korea's most NINKI(/popular) group.I was quite surprised...
    huongle
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1385
    Smiling points : 1861

[NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10 Empty Re: [NEWS] First Half Of 2009 Oricon Charts: THSK No. 10

Post by huongle Tue 30 Jun - 20:36

Actually Big Bang's doing quite well in Japan with the first song going up to #3 on the weekly Oricon chart, they sure are popular Very Happy But my bias is DBSK and i think i prefer their style of music and i think they'll be doing better in Japan, as they did in Korea. I feel bad for them not having enough time for Korea only while there are so many big groups there. But looking at what they're achieving in Japan, i can only feel proud because i like how globalized and widely recognized they are Wink
    cottonpops
    cottonpops
    Global moderator
    Global moderator

Number of posts : 465
    Smiling points : 934

Post by cottonpops Wed 1 Jul - 1:59

Maybe the host was just being diplomatic or otherwise, ignorant. I hope they realise that DBSK and Big Bang are two different group with different genres and target audience. It sucha bummer when people start to generalize things.

DBSK is doing very well in Japan as an artists, and everyone knows that So what ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May - 3:29