Micky Yoochun international forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ

cottonpops
    cottonpops
    Global moderator
    Global moderator

Number of posts : 465
    Smiling points : 934

[TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ Empty [TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ

Post by cottonpops Sun 28 Jun - 3:05

Marty Friedman, former lead guitarist of heavy metal band Megadeth and a Japanophile (T/N: In layman terms, it's someone who is obssesed with anything about Japaneses) recently shared his thoughts on TVXQ.

'They would sell even if they weren't good looking! TVXQ's singing ability is worth its value in money. TVXQ, an accapella dance group from Korea, and who attended last year's Kouhaku Uta Gassen, can be said to be the representative of Global J-Pop with their impressive harmonizing.

Maybe fans will say it's bullshit, but to me, if you can sing, you'll be able to sell even if you wren't good looking, right?

Their song Bolero, is a great ballad that showcases their super vocals. What surprised me was that compared to other J-pop ballads, the feeling for this song is dark. The beat is slow, and there was no usage of guitars etc. Even so, the song gave off a dark and haunting vibe for me.

I like K-pop too, and I listen to it often, and there are of course other song with dark vibes too. The difference with J-pop is that K-pop uses Classic music as it's foundation, thus naturally creating a melody with a dramatic feel.

At the ending climax, one person (JaejoongYoochun) uses an almost feminine pitch to produce the effect of harmonizing between men adn women; the jarmonization from the 5 of them is amazing.'

Credits: alkpop
    Trans: mandasoh@iscremshinki.net + sharingyoochun@wordpress

I can't tell you how very proud I am of our boys Good mood
    Minjae
    Minjae
    Mickey level 5
    Mickey level 5

Number of posts : 213
    Smiling points : 315

[TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ Empty Re: [TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ

Post by Minjae Sun 28 Jun - 14:43

who would have thought that Marty Friedman listens to j-music,especially dbsk.
    I was so surprised at first,but he really hits the nail on the head.
    and those compliments...so true.

it made my heart go Ohohoho while reading it.
    huongle
    huongle
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 1385
    Smiling points : 1861

[TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ Empty Re: [TRANS] Megadeth's Marty Friedman: TVXQ

Post by huongle Mon 29 Jun - 3:01

I'm even more proud of DBSK now, they're recognized worldwide and hell i might become a fan of this guy even thouhg i've never seen him before. He spoke my mind. But hell we all know DBSK has both talents and looks rofl
    mickybabysusu
    mickybabysusu
    Mickey level 4
    Mickey level 4

Number of posts : 160
    Smiling points : 214

Post by mickybabysusu Tue 30 Jun - 3:53

omg im so proud of them i think my heart is gonna burst lol!
    i have no idea who Marty Friedman is but what he said is just so true!

At the ending climax, one person (JaejoongYoochun) uses an almost feminine pitch to produce the effect of harmonizing between men adn women; the jarmonization from the 5 of them is amazing.'
    *nods head*

AND. dbsk have both the talent and the looks, which i'll say is puh-retty rare these days. Drool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May - 0:27